Ta strona korzysta z ciasteczek, aby zapewnić Ci najlepszą możliwą obsługę. Informacje o ciasteczkach są przechowywane w przeglądarce i wykonują funkcje takie jak rozpoznawanie Cię po powrocie na naszą stronę internetową i pomaganie naszemu zespołowi w zrozumieniu, które sekcje witryny są dla Ciebie najbardziej interesujące i przydatne.
Where to start in learning Polish as a foreign language?
- practical information and effective advice
9 Lis | 2023
Learning Polish as a foreign language is an exciting challenge that opens the door to the Polish-speaking world. However, we know that learning Polish at first, can be quite a challenge, especially since Polish is not one of the easiest languages.
Below you will find some practical tips and hints on where to start in order to see results in learning Polish as soon as possible and gain motivation for further learning.
- Choose tools and materials
The first step is to find the right books, tools and materials for learning Polish as a foreign language. Here are the options we recommend you consider:
- Textbooks: Choose a good textbook for learning Polish for foreigners. There are many books and materials that develop specific language skills. You can read about the publications we recommend here: https://kurspolskiego.pl/blog/postaw-na-polski/
- Online courses: Educational platforms and language schools offer many online Polish language courses. This is a reliable way to learn from anywhere in the world! At our school, you can choose a course that suits your level and attend classes once (online weekend Polish course) or twice a week (online semester Polish course).
- Classroom courses: By learning a language live, you can meet people from all over the world and gain additional motivation to learn. At our school in Krakow, you will find a wide range of full-time Polish language courses. An additional attraction are language workshops, team building events and outdoor lessons, which not only make learning more attractive, but also give you the opportunity to use the language in practice. Here you will find our offer of Polish language courses in Cracow.
- Mobile apps: There are many Polish language learning apps available for smartphones and tablets. We particularly recommend: Duolingo, Memrise or Babbel.
- Multimedia materials: Videos, songs and podcasts in Polish can help you understand Polish, learn vocabulary, correct pronunciation and accent. You can find many interesting suggestions on our blog: https://kurspolskiego.pl/blog/jak-sie-przygotowac-do-egzaminu-b1-czyli-jak-zdac-i-sie-nie-przepracowac/ )
- Set learning goals
Before you start learning, it is important to determine why you are actually learning Polish. Are you learning for travel, work or simply for the love of Polish culture? Determining your goals will help you customize your learning program.
In our courses, we focus mainly on speaking. We conduct our lessons in Polish (we use illustrations, internationalizations and our acting skills – so no worries :)) – you start speaking Polish from the very first class.
- Start with the Basics
If you are a complete beginner, start by learning basic phrases, numbers, days of the week and months. You can find simple exercises here: https://quizlet.com/lu/182379421/kolory-flash-cards/ https://quizlet.com/lu/186109359/rodzina-flash-cards/
- Learn Polish systematically
Systematicity is key in learning any language. Plan regular study sessions, even if they are short at first. This works better than prolonged but sporadic lessons.
- Practice writing and speaking
Learning Polish is not just about reading comprehension or listening. It’s also worth practicing writing and speaking skills. Create notes, keep a diary in Polish, and take every opportunity to talk to Polish people.
- Learn about Polish culture
Understanding Polish culture can help you learn the language. Watch Polish movies, consult literature, learn about Polish customs and holidays. This will help you better understand the whole context of the language.
- Be patient
Learning Polish is a process that requires patience. Don’t be discouraged by difficulties at the beginning. Everyone makes mistakes, but that’s part of the learning process. It will get easier and easier with each step!
- Join the community
Join a community of Polish language learners. You can find groups on social media platforms or online forums. Learning together and supporting other Polish language fans, can significantly help you get motivated and gain knowledge.
Remember that the key to success is regularity, patience and commitment. Start by choosing materials, setting goals and learning systematically, and soon you will be more and more confident in your language skills.
Good luck in learning Polish!