the summary of summer intensive courses 2018
15 Sie | 2018
As every year, students from all over the world came to Varia to participate in the Polish language vacation courses. It’s hard to believe, but we managed to squeeze 5 continents into our school! :)
During the very intensive 2 weeks, our students, accompanied by us, were discovering Kraków, Polish culture and the language. And we, thanks to them, had the possibility to get to know the whole world. But what did we do precisely?
Well, most of all, we were getting familiar with Polish 🙂 Where?
- in a sunny café-garden,
- at a restaurant,
- on the Main Square,
- at a market,
- in a bakery (trying to pronounce correctly: “Poproszę drożdżówkę z serem”),
- during the coffee break between classes,
- during our workshops on Polish language and culture,
- at the school, of course. 🙂
We mastered our abilities to:
- pronounce Polish sounds correctly during phonetic classes („Chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie…”),
- express our emotions at slang workshops („Masakra!”),
- amaze others at a Polish party during savoir-vivre lecture,
- communicate on a local food market,
- sing at a karaoke party,
- ride a bike on our trips,
- stay oriented while “traveling” together with us across Poland (“The best of Poland” workshop),
- and cook while preparing Polish pierogi (a few practical tips how to impress your Polish mother-in-law :)).
And in the evenings, there was the time to relax (while preparing homework, for example :)), to get together and to have fun, which included:
- discovering Krakow’s night-life,
- having late-hour conversations over Polish beer,
- tasting delicious Polish food,
- exploring the historical parts of the city,
- lazing around,
- watching Polish movies…
It’d take too long to name all the things we did together 🙂 But how was it? Have a look yourself!
Thank you for the time spent together! Please remember that you are always welcome: a little chat and a cup of coffee are good enough reasons to pay us a visit. 🙂 Do zobaczenia!
- 52 lessons - 2 x 90 min weekly
- Morning and evening classes
- All language levels A1 – C2
Courses at school
Course at School
- 58 lessons – 3 weeks
- 4 lessons daily
- All language levels A1- C2
Do You Have Questions?
Varia Polish Language Center
Monday-Thursday9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday9 a.m. - 5 p.m.Contact form
Fall In Love With the Polish Language, Krakow and… Varia!
Varia is the most popular Polish language school in Krakow and possibly even in the world. We pour our hearts and souls into everything we do at Varia. We are delighted knowing our students notice and appreciate our efforts.Meet us
Explore Krakow With Varia
Varia Club Card
Sign up for a course and access discounts offered by our partnersEnjoy your benefits